SPRING LAMB at Wake Robin Farm
The Menu/Sunday, May 30 – 3 pm ’til 7 pm
- Terrine of Minted Goat Cheese with Butter Pea Sauce
- Rosemary Roasted & Charcoal Grilled East Fork Farm Spring Lamb
- “Bardwell’s Popovers”
- Wood-Oven Roasted Asparagus & Leeks
- Marinated Spring Radishes
- Spring Salad of Arugula, Watercress, Pea Shoots with Lemon Balm & Oil Dressing, Crunchy Salt
- Seeded “Bad Boy” Levain
- Strawberry Fantasy – 21st Century Strawberry Mousse, Dried Strawberries, Marinated Strawberries & Wood-Oven Scottish Shortbread
- Wines of a delicious flavor served in copious amounts.
Spend a summer afternoon with one of Asheville’s most inspired chefs, Mark Rosenstein and two of the founders of Asheville’s artisan bread revival, Gail Lunsford and Steve Bardwell. Learning to cook leg of lamb in the Bulcamp style and other delicious treats. Restricted to 25 students, you will get hands-on experience with locally raised, organic leg of lamb first roasted in rosemary and then finished on the grill. Seasonal vegetables will be supplied by local farmers for this country-side meal. The preparations will take place in a certified kitchen using the wood-fired brick oven at Wake Robin Farm Breads.
Class materials are organically and locally produced.
At the end of the class, enjoy the fruits of your labor with Gail Lunsford, Steve Bardwell and Chef Rosenstein. Wine and other beverages are included.
The complete charge for the class, dinner, and drinks is $65 per person. Space is strictly limited, so please reserve early. Payment is required by May 24.